Tablehurst Community Farm operates a small but lively organic cafe selling nutritious meals, delicious cakes and excellent coffee. We are looking for part time cafe assistants to participate in all aspects of the cafe work. The ideal candidate will have previous cafe experience, a strong work ethic, a warm and friendly approach to customers and an interest in the wider work of Tablehurst Farm. The cafe working day is from 8.00am to 5.30pm and we currently have vacancies for whole days on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and for a shorter lunchtime shift (normally three hours) on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The main duties of the role are set out below. The rate of pay is £7.50 per hour and all staff are provided with a free lunch every day. To apply, please send your CV and an accompanying email explaining your interest in and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 15th September.
Main job responsibilities
- Preparing and serving of food and hot and cold drinks
- Serving customers and seeking to develop a good rapport. Developing a knowledge of the farm, our produce, and of biodynamic farming generally so as to be able to answer questions from customers.
- Using tills and handling money;
- Collecting used crockery etc and washing up. Keeping outside areas, including the café garden, tidy and clear.
- Working as part of the café team to keep the entire café area hygienic and clean at all times.
- Ordering ingredients
- Completing paperwork associated with the routine functioning of the cafe.
- Opening the café in the morning and locking up at the end of the day.
- Assisting in the farm shop and/or the pie kitchen from time to time.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in the shop, cafe and kitchen.