Tablehurst Biodynamic Community Farm in Forest Row, East Sussex is looking for an experienced organic/biodynamic vegetable grower to manage the horticulture enterprise as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT). The 14 acre vegetable growing area makes up part of the mixed farm’s 500 acre estate. Almost all the farm’s produce is sold through the on-site farm shop, butchery, café and pie shop.
The Garden Manager’s role is a hands on role to run and develop the reduced tillage vegetable production alongside the established vegetable production team, and to manage the supply of our own and bought in vegetables through the various retail outlets on the farm. The successful candidate will also be involved in the day to day and long term planning and strategic decision making of the whole farm as part of the SMT.
The following are essential skills and experience for this position
- Minimum 3 years working on or managing an organic/biodynamic farm
- Good understanding of crop planning rotations and propagation
- Competent machinery driving and maintenance skills
- Valid UK driving licence
- Excellent people and team working skills
The following will be expected from successful candidate
- Committed to training young people
- Committed to biodynamic methods
- Prepared to integrate the work with our residents with learning difficulties
Remuneration between £17,000 and £26,000 depending on experience and living situation. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
For further information please contact Robert Tilsley at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 1st December 2017 with the position starting no later than 11th February 2018