Our Care Home...
Tablehurst Farm Cottage is a beautiful care home on a 450 acre mixed biodynamic/organic farm, close to the village of Forest Row in East Sussex. The care home is registered by the Care Quality Commission. We are currently providing three permanent places for adults (residents) with learning difficulties (18 to 65).
- To help residents lead a happy and fulfilling life.
- To create a life situation where through their work, home and social life the residents are able to develop and maintain their own sense of personal worth and dignity.
- To give the possibility of social contact and integration into the larger community.
- To give the opportunity for personal growth and new responsibilities.
- A secure and supportive family living environment
- Attractive single rooms with views over the garden and fields
- A range of farm work and training for all levels of skill and responsibility.
- The possibility of working closely with animals.
- Gardening and horticultural work.
- A range of house orientated work and training i.e. cooking for the farm team, bottling and preserving, baking, ironing and sewing, general house-work.
- Usually a one to one working situation with farm staff.
- The feeling of job satisfaction and being part of an enthusiastic team with a real task.
SOCIAL AND LEISURE
Our special situation includes:
- Only a four minutes walk from the village of Forest Row.
- A variety of activities and events at the adjoining adult education college (Emerson College).
- Contacts with a large number of visitors to the farm through guided farm walks, barn dances, open days and work afternoons etc.
- Various sports and hobbies on a regular basis.
- Evenings out to plays and the cinema etc.
- Church within walking distance.
Our latest CQC inspection was in July 2019. The ratings are displayed below.